My Photo
Name:
Location: Prilep, North Macedonia

Friday, August 05, 2011

Anguish



Josephina
Vito
A third man
A moving train. Closed compartment. Josefina is seating in it, opposite her, a man is sleeping. Some suitcases are laying around. Josefina is looking out the window. Vito soundlessly opens the compartment door and enters. He seats on the side of Josefina.
Josefina: Why wouldn’t you just let my eyes dry away?
Vito: What is the use of that, when you are far away?
Josefina: Even monsters know limits.
Vito: Yes, we do.
(Pause)
Vito: You tried to leave me again.
Josefina: In vain.
Vito: In vain. In vain is all you do to resist what you are, all what we are.
Josefina: We are a metaphor! A flower without a bloom, a sky with no sun. How can you even think that “we” makes sense anymore?
Vito: It makes sense to still fight for you.
Josefina: Who is there more to fight? Didn’t you fight enough? Didn’t you kill enough?
(Pause)
Vito: I did what I had to do.
Josefina: What did you have to do?
Vito: Have you. (Pause) It was absurd to own you, I knew. I knew everything. Everything and nothing mattered. People cannot explain pain to you. You have to live it to understand. I killed. It was so easy to relieve my pain to the ones that caused it. I have no regrets. If I have to do it again, I would. You know it, it was never the power, it was never our differences. It was only pure, joyous pleasure. What you felt for me, what I felt for you. What I did for you. I did everything, anything, just for you. So we can be together. So I can hold you and love you till the end of days. And when you rest, I would stroke your hair and say you are mine. And no one would take you from me. No one would be on our way ever again.
Josefina: You knew my bed was always warm for you.
Vito: I wanted you just for me.
Josefina: You chose the wrong way.
Vito: Stay.
Josefina: Do you smell the olive trees?
Vito: Yes. For the last time.
Josefina sticks a knife just below the Vito’s chest
Josefina: (in his ear) I love you.
Vito falls on the seat, dead. The third man comes up from his sleep and calmly sees the scene, looking as he had heard the whole dialog
Third man: You did the right thing. You are gonna be safe now.
Hugs her. In the next second, a knife goes through her chest as well. She falls on the seat as well. The third man wipes the handle of the knife and puts it into Vito’s palm. He takes his suitcase and leaves the compartment. The train slows down and stops, the man gets out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home